Nova Classical Academy – St. Paul, MN
Executive Director Search Commencing Fall 2018 to begin 2019-20 School Year
Nova Classical Academy, a leading K-12 classical education charter school located in St. Paul’s Highland Park neighborhood on the Mississippi River bluffs, will be commencing a search in Fall 2018 for an Executive Director with a start date of July 2019.
The Executive Director reports to the school’s Board of Directors. Now in its sixteenth year and with a $10MM operating budget, Nova serves a student body of approximately 1,000 from across the Twin Cities metro area. The school offers small classes and a challenging academic curriculum in a supportive environment, with a faculty and staff of approximately 100. The classical education model, with its trivium concept of grammar, logic, and rhetoric, is core to Nova’s mission.
Nova has earned an excellent reputation in the Twin Cities, state and nationally for its student body’s academic achievements and extracurricular activities including sports, arts, and forensics. Learn more about Nova Classical Academy by visiting our website at www.novaclassical.org.
More information will be made available in the coming months regarding the Executive Director role’s strategic focus and core responsibilities once the search commences. That said, the qualified candidate will have:
- Eight or more years of successful educational administrative leadership supervising a large staff with increasing responsibility preferably exposure to public charter or private school settings
- Previous experience as a multi-level school leader; high school administrative leadership is required either at the principal or superintendent level
- Demonstrated commitment to a collaborative leadership style and the ability to quickly form credible relationships with key stakeholders including staff, administration, parents, students and Nova’s charter school authorizer
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents, students, board members, and the surrounding community
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen to manage budgets and make resource allocation priority decisions
- Preferred experience leading school expansion efforts including organization and facility planning
- Preferred but not required familiarity with Minnesota charter school law, charter school operations, working with charter school authorizers and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Strongly preferred familiarity or experience with the classical education model
Nova will offer a very attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package. If interested or know of someone who may be interested in this tremendous education leadership opportunity, please look for future search information and pass along this information to others. Thank you.
For more information, email email@example.com.