Educational Benefits

Lunch FAQ

Do you have just one meal selection for students?

Students and Staff may choose from three meals daily: hot entrée with salad bar, deli sandwich with salad bar, or a large salad with protein (chicken taco, chicken Caesar, etc.).

Who provides the food for the lunches?

We use CKC Good Food to serve our meals.

Can meals be purchased “day of”?

All meals are selected “day of.” We do not require meals or milk be ordered in advance.

Who can purchase a la carte items?

All students and staff may purchase a la carte items. SoG students may purchase items after school only; SoL, SoR, and staff may purchase items for breakfast, lunch, and after school.

What meal service do you offer?

Nova offers breakfast, lunch, and an after-school service. The after-school service consists of snack type food as well as yogurt and sandwiches.

Do you accept cash payment for meals?

Unfortunately, Nova does not accept cash payment. All lunch accounts must have money deposited in them to purchase items. (It is much safer for students to not bring cash with them to school.) When your child’s balance is at or below $10.00, you will receive an email alert. Meal accounts are not permitted to go to a negative balance.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.